Friday, March 5, 2010

Jack Fruit


this year we did not get much jack fruit. itz grown much in my village cheruvathany. i could have brought it in my vehicle. but to clean the vehicle after the transportation is difficult, so i did not bother to bring to my home at trichur.
here my wife beena like jack fruit too much.
but the problem she makes syrup, cake and gelly sort of other byproducts with it and the smell in the kitchen last for long and it makes some times head ache to me.
here only she eats it. i might eat for a day or two.
the seed is used for cooking in our village adding tender mango. my mother used to make this delicious curry. but here my wife did not want to make as she does not like that way of cooking.
after taking out the fruit the remaining parts is given to cattle. but here in the city home as there is no cow or other animals we just throw away.
while i went for a wedding engagement few days ago, beena told me that there are plenty of jack fruit in a tree the back side of my home. and she wanted to cut few fruits and keep in my car. but i refused as the sticky sort of material while cutting the fruit will stick all over and once it is spread in the upholstry etc. it can never be cleaned or removed.
she said she will pack it well in the polythene bag and keep it safely in the car. but i did not agree.
poor lady she might have cursed this husband.
we have planted a tree in our home at trichur two years ago, but no fruits yet. but the neigbouring house there is a tree with full of fruits.
i shall buy few fruits from mercy and give to her. if itz from the next home there is no head ache of transportation and mess up the car etc.
what ever may be the risk and difficulties of transportation the fruit is very tasty !!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ജെ പി വെട്ടിയാട്ടില്‍ said...

this year we did not get much jack fruit. itz grown much in my village cheruvathany.